List of Chipotle Mexican Grill Locations in the United States
Complete list of Chipotle Mexican Grill locations in the United States:
Updated on 2017-05-06
- Store Number
- Single Line Address
- Sun Open (96.0% of locations)
- Sun Close (96.0% of locations)
- Mon Open (97.0% of locations)
- Mon Close (97.0% of locations)
- Tue Open (97.0% of locations)
- Tue Close (97.0% of locations)
- Wed Open (97.0% of locations)
- Wed Close (97.0% of locations)
- Thu Open (97.0% of locations)
- Thu Close (97.0% of locations)
- Fri Open (97.0% of locations)
- Fri Close (97.0% of locations)
- Sat Open (96.0% of locations)
- Sat Close (96.0% of locations)
- Facebook Page Link
- Fan Count
- Overall Star Rating
- Rating Count
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (/tÊƒáµ»ËˆpoÊŠtleÉª/) is an American chain of fast casual restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France, specializing in tacos and Mission-style burritos. Its name derives from chipotle, the Nahuatl name for a smoked and dried jalapeÃ±o chili pepper. The company currently trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CMG.
The company has released a mission statement called Food with Integrity, which highlights its efforts in using naturally-grown ingredients, and serves more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant chain. Chipotle is one of the first chains of fast casual dining establishments. Competitors in the fast-casual Mexican market include Qdoba Mexican Grill, Moe's Southwest Grill, Rubio's Coastal Grill, Pancheros Mexican Grill, Freebirds World Burrito, and Baja Fresh.
Founded by Steve Ells in July 1993, Chipotle had 16 restaurants (all in Colorado) when McDonald's Corporation became a major investor in 1998. By the time McDonald's fully divested itself from Chipotle in 2006, the chain had grown to over 500 locations.
With more than 2,000 locations, Chipotle had a net income of US$475.6 million and a staff of more than 45,000 employees in 2015.